How to Make a DIY Heating Pad for shoulders and neck –
Sew a warm hug around the neck! You can make your own Therapeutic Neck-wrap Heating Pad with a few scraps and a handful of household items. This makes such a thoughtful gift, but make sure you treat yourself to one too!
Get Free Pattern
– Strips of fabric 3 1/2” x 6 1/2” – Backing strip 6 1/2” x 24 1/2” – Cups of rice (or other grain for filling)
FOR EACH HEATING PAD, YOU'LL NEED:
1. Arrange the 8 strips in a pleasing combination.
2. Sew them together with a 1/4” seam allowance.
3. Press all the seams to the side in the same direction. This is important.
4. Lay the pieced strip right sides together with the backing strip. FYI… I don’t really cut my backing strip until my front is done, then I lay the front on top of the backing fabric and cut around.
5. Stitch around the rectangle with a 1/4” seam allowance, leaving a 4” opening on one short end. Stitch again a second time to reinforce the seam.
Wrap up and gift!
SWIPE UP TO READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PATCHWORK QUILT- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE!
PRETTY DOUBLE SIDED LANYARD TUTORIAL