Sheesh! It’s the end of May already! I’ve been thinking about my favorite things all month, so excited to share them with you… and I almost missed it, lol. Where did this month go?
Well, let’s on with it…
1. Cute scrap fabric bins. I wasn’t sure how practical this metal hanging bin thingy would be, but it was so adorable that I bought it anyway. Turns out – I love it! I stuff all my save-worthy scraps in there so I can go through and sort them later – just looking at it makes me happy so the purchase was well worth it. I found it at a discount retailer and the last time I checked – they different ones that were just as cute!
2. Basting spray. I have found so many uses for this in my sewing studio that I now order ahead on Amazon so I never run out. I spray baste all of my quilts that are 45” or smaller, plus I use it for applique pieces, embroidery stabilizer, and larger quilt-as-you-go projects. Oh, and the SpraynBond brand is my favorite by just a smidgen. I also love Sulky KK200 and 505. 🙂
3. Bargain embroidery designs at Anita Goodesign. The last time I visited Anita Goodesign I snagged this adorable veterinarian set for only $1! I don’t know if it will still be available when you visit – but they always have at least one design set on sale for $5 or less. It’s worth checking every week!
4. Circle skirts. I’m seeing circle skirts all over Pinterest lately! This month I sewed circle skirt dresses for both my girls (sorry, no pics yet). Chloe’s turned out so beautiful that I substituted that same skirt pattern on a dress for Cadie. Circle skirts use a lot of fabric (that’s what makes them so twirly), but they are actually very easy to sew. Some of my favorite tutorials for them are this one by Dana of Made and this one by Simple Simon.
5. Jacques Torres’ Craftsy class Ultimate Box of Chocolates. Okay, okay – this has nothing to do with sewing! But I have to admit that I am a total idiot in the kitchen so I watch Craftsy classes to learn techniques and get new recipes. My daughter convinced me to get this one and it was a delight to watch. We learned tons of new tricks that we can actually use (including how to pick out the best ingredients). I’m going to get fat eating delicious chocolates but I will be so happy doing it.
Thanks for reading my 5 favorite things this month… Happy Memorial Day!
Disclosure: some of my posts contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links I may receive a small commission, so thank you for supporting SewCanShe when you shop! All of the opinions are my own and I only suggest products that I actually use. 🙂