Did you see my live Facebook video where I embroidered one of the October 2022 Perfectly Pieced quilt blocks? Perfectly Pieced is a new subscription box for machine embroiderers from M.E. Time Delivered.
I had so much fun on Saturday embroidering a block together with you! Watch the video on Facebook here.
Those other mini quilts that you see on my wall are:
- The Ladybug Liberty Mini Quilt
- Quarter Square Triangle Quartet mini quilt pattern
- My Square Dance Daisy Mini Quilt pattern
See lots more free mini quilt patterns here!
We went through all the steps from placing the batting…
To removing our finished block from the hoop!
I answered lots of questions like…
- What kind of stabilizer is that?
- Are the scraps usable?
- How do you sew the blocks together?
- How did you add the backing?
Since my Flying Geese project wasn’t finished yet, I showed you my September Perfectly Pieced project (this adorable house mini quilt) in order to answer these questions.
Later that night I finished the instructions to make the 8” block project that was part of the Perfectly Pieced boxed kit. I sewed all 4 of my 8” Perfectly Pieced quilt blocks together and added a simple border. Then I attached the backing fabric with some stitch in the ditch quilting. Finally, I added binding to make this beautiful fall table topper!
The blocks were all quilted in the hoop so the quilting turned out spectacular.
What’s in the Perfectly Pieced Box?
For a limited time, this same kit will be available at M.E. Time Delivered. The October Perfectly Pieced Doorstep Box includes:
- A beautiful bundle of fabrics that are lovingly curated and contain enough fabric to make one (or more) of the Perfectly Pieced Projects,
- A spool of Glide thread,
- Printed stitch-out instructions for embroidering,
- A tip card,
- And a package of fall themed pins.
All of the digital design files, stitch out instructions, and project patterns will be added to your M.E. Time Delivered account each month. If you prefer, you can sign up for a digital only subscription that doesn’t include the ‘doorstep box’.
I used a couple things in the video that aren’t included in the box. Here are the links in case you want to learn more about them:
- Double curved scissors from Gingher (great for trimming fabrics and applique in the hoop)
- How to find mesh stabilizer at the thrift store
Disclosure: some of my posts contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links I may receive a small commission, so thank you for supporting SewCanShe when you shop! All of the opinions are my own and I only suggest products that I actually use. 🙂