Sew cute little applique designs to all your projects with these 12 free mini applique patterns. They are easy to use and perfect for zipper pouches, bags, purses, tea towels, pockets and more.
These small applique patterns range in size from approximately 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” to 3” x 3”. You can print them at 100% if you wish them to be those sizes, or you can enlarge or reduce the designs to fit any project.
Each of them are miniature versions of larger free applique patterns that are here on my blog. I’ll link to all of the larger designs below.
How to Use the Free Mini Applique Patterns
The free printable that contains these miniature applique patterns is available below.
Basic Applique Instructions
You will need:
- The printable file above (click the download button to save it to your computer)
- double sided fusible adhesive such as HeatnBond Lite
- scraps of cotton fabric
- a project to sew the applique to – such as my Cutest Coin Purse Pattern (coming soon!)
- Trace each part of the applique design onto the paper side of the HeatnBond Lite or other double sided fusible adhesive.
Cut around the traced pieces leaving about 1/4” of paper HeatnBond Lite around each Piece.
Tip: If you group together parts that you will use with the same fabric, then you can cut them out as a group too. See below.
- Place the glue side of the traced pieces against the wrong side of your fabric scraps. Press lightly to fuse.
- Carefully cut the shapes out along the lines using small sharp scissors.
- Arrange the pieces on your project as desired. It’s okay to overlap the pieces or even stack several on top of each other.
Press to fuse.
- Sew around the pieces using your desired applique stitch.
For sewing applique, I like to use:
- straight stitch
- blanket stitch
- satin stitch
I hope you sew one of these free mini applique patterns to your next project! Find lots more tips and tricks for sewing applique patterns to just about any project in my post Sew Applique to Anything.
You can also find more detailed instructions for each of the applique designs by referring to it’s larger counterpart in these posts:
- Free Camera Applique Design
- Falling Flower Applique Design
- Ruffled Feather Owls Applique
- Little Matryoshka Free Applique Pattern
- Free CTR Applique Pattern
- Wild Poppy Table Runner Applique Pattern
- Free Butterfly Applique Design
- Little Fox Applique Pattern
- Girly Fox Applique Pattern
- Holly and Berries Holiday Applique Pattern
- Little Pine Tree Applique
Disclosure: some of my posts contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through one of those links I may receive a small commission, so thank you for supporting SewCanShe when you shop! All of the opinions are my own and I only suggest products that I actually use. 🙂